Please contact Dr. Coleman directly or his publicist at Adams Media.
DO YOU THINK TOO MUCH?
Right this minute over 60 Million Americans have a diagnosis of Anxiety or Depression.
Did you know that OVERTHINKING is a key culprit? Now consider the harried parents of the world, the poor sleepers, the grouchy commuters, the cranky co-workers, the controlling family members, the frantic worriers–YOU GUESSED IT! They are all OVERTHINKERS! We are talking a MAJORITY of people!
Let’s do story segments on how folks can dramatically and quickly improve the quality of their lives, their marriages, their work –even their sleep– by learning simple ways to OVERCOME OVERTHINKING!
I’m Dr. Paul Coleman, psychologist, multi-book author, speaker, occasional stage actor, playwright, and founder of FindingPeaceInYourHeart.com. I help audiences quickly learn how to manage their lives so they can stop feeling down, dreary, and dispirited and instead start living, loving, and laughing
Here are just a few story ideas. I have plenty more–just download my media sheet on overthinking here, or my media sheet on finding peace of mind after a major life upheaval here.
1. How worriers can learn to peacefully co-exist with uncertainty and halt “What if?” thoughts. OVERCOME OVERTHINKING in three steps.
2. How about the schoolteacher I know, a single mom of two kids under four, hectic schedule to be sure. She stops at a GREEN light while taking the kids to daycare because “something didn’t seem right.” Just then a truck from the opposite direction barrels through a red light. She would have been killed if she hadn’t stopped. Despite her hectic life she is NOT an overthinker–and that allowed her to pay attention to her INTUITION. Halt overthinking and your intuition will improve.
3. Is Facebook making you envious or depressed? YES, if you overthink! Five strategies to ensure browsing won’t make you blue!
4. Power struggles? Why every overthinking couple has recurrent “Here we go again!” debates and how to eliminate them! Learn the right way and the wrong way to compromise.
7. How to talk to children about terrorism, shootings, and other scary events. Learn the S-A-F-E approach to effective communication.
8. Many so-called “Tried and true” communication rules don’t really work for couples! Old rules to break and new rules to make!
OTHER INTERVIEW TOPICS for Dr. Paul Coleman
- Five to Improving Troubled Relationships
- Coping with Infidelity/Rebuilding Relationships after Infidelity
- Synchronicity, Inner Guidance, Intuition
- Spiritual Advancement
- Post-Traumatic Stress
Possible Media Interview Questions
Dr. Paul Coleman
Questions about Overthinking:
- If thinking is good, isn’t overthinking better? Why is overthinking a bad thing to do?
- Describe average people and situations where overthinking happens.
- What are the three main types of overthinking?
- What are simple ways to eliminate overthinking?
Questions about the Book “Finding Peace When Your Heart Is in Pieces: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Other Side of Grief, Loss, and Pain”
- Is it really possible to find inner peace when one’s outside world is in chaos?
- What is the “Heroic Journey” and how does it relate to coping with loss?
- What are some clues that a person hasn’t yet made peace with loss?
- Why do you use the word “transformation” to describe coping with loss?
- What are the primary ways people generally react when their life has been upended by loss or trauma?
- How does one achieve true happiness after loss?
- You speak of four “paths of transformation” on one’s journey through loss. The first path is “The Path of Acceptance.” Can you elaborate?
- You speak of a “wandering phase” after loss and how it is a valuable part of one’s journey. How can aimless wandering be valuable?
- People who are grieving the death of a loved one often look for “signs” that the loved one is around. Do you believe in such things? How does one detect a genuine sign from wishful thinking?
- What do you mean when you say that true personal growth is not a process of addition but subtraction?